The purpose of this document / article is to enlighten California residents of Our status with regards to the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018). Sometimes referred to as: CCPA.
It is not the intention of usingjoomla.com to explain every intricate detail of the California Consumer Privacy Act here but to summarise.
While usingjoomla.com does not specifically target California as a State, or California Residents We appreciate that some of Our Site visitors will, or may, be California Residents.
For clarity: usingjoomla.com is operated in and from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) is a state statute intended to enhance Privacy rights and Consumer protection for residents of the state of California, United States of America (U.S.A).
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) was passed by the California State Legislature and signed into law on June 28th, 2018 and went into effect on January 1st, 2020.
The intention of the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) is to provide California residents with the right to:
- Know what personal data is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say "no" to the sale of personal data;
- Access their personal data;
- Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights;
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) defines personal information as:
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) does not consider Publicly Available Information as personal.
In the context of "alias", usingjoomla.com believes that your chosen Username could potentially be construed as an "Alias" - it is what you want to be referred to as, and on usingjoomla.com each Username is unique to one individual.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which does business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following:
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million;
- Buys, receives, or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households;
- Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information;
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) will apply to any for-profit United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) business entity which:
- Undertakes business in California;
- Collects, or tells others to collect, personal information of consumers who are resident in California;
The table below tells you Yes or No as to whether usingjoomla.com does the following
|Does usingjoomla.com have an annual gross revenue in excess of $25 million ?||No|
|Does usingjoomla.com buy, receive, or sell - the personal information of any consumers or households ?||No|
|Does usingjoomla.com earn more than half of our annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information ?||No|
|Does usingjoomla.com undertake business in California ?||No|
|Does usingjoomla.com collect, or tell/ask others to collect, personal information of consumers who are resident in California ?||No|
|Does usingjoomla.com buy, sell, trade, exchange, offer free gratis, or ask for from third parties - any Personal Information ?||No|
|Google Adsense advertising: |
Google will only show non-personalised advertisements on usingjoomla.com to eligible users in California.
Non-personalised advertisements are based on contextual information, such as the content of usingjoomla.com
|Does usingjoomla.com collect your name and/or an alias when you register ?||Yes|
|Does usingjoomla.com collect your email address when you register ?||Yes|
|Does usingjoomla.com supply details / information on any person, or business, where We are required to do so under the Law(s) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ?||Yes|
Clarification: this website, We, and Us, may be referred to as "usingjoomla.com" or "UsingJoomla.com" with or without the preceding www and with or without the quotes.
This article was written on: 18th April 2020, and may be reviewed / updated at any time.