The Joomla!® Project consists of all of the people who make and support the Joomla Web Platform and Content Management System.
The Joomla Project mission is: to provide a flexible platform for digital publishing and collaboration.
The Joomla Project core values are:
In their vision, The Joomla Project can see:
- People publishing and collaborating in their communities and around the world;
- Software that is free, secure, and high-quality;
- A community that is enjoyable and rewarding to participate in;
- People around the world using their preferred languages;
- A project that acts autonomously;
- A project that is socially responsible;
- A project dedicated to maintaining the trust of its users;
Around the world there are thousands of users as well as thousands of people who contribute to the Joomla!® Project.
These people work in three main groups:
- The Production Working Group: who are responsible for everything that goes into the Joomla software and documentation;
- the Community Working Group: who are responsible for creating and nurturing the Joomla community; and
- Open Source Matters: the non profit organisation responsible for managing Legal, Financial and Organizational matters.
Joomla is a free and open source project which uses the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.