Using Joomla!® requires some skills.
While a basic knowledge of the skills listed here will be very beneficial, do not worry or stress too much if you feel a little lacking.
Practice make perfect.
To fully utilise your Joomla!® development experience you should be able to do (or improve on) the following (in no particular order):
- Navigate the world wide web (to most of us that is: the internet);
- Create folders and sub-folders on your computer or laptop;
- Download files;
- Save downloaded files onto your computer, or laptop;
- Find those downloaded files !
- Move (copy / paste) those files into one or more of the folders you created;
- If those folders / files are compressed ("zipped") - be able to extract (Unzip / decompress) them;
- Use a text editor;
- Use an ftp programe (ftp: file transfer protocol); I recommend: CuteFTP;
- Upload files / folders via the internet from your computer or laptop;
Again - do not worry if you are a little lacking - take your time, one step at a time - learn how to do these things first and foremost - speed, and confidence, comes later.